The quarterly WATESOL E-Newsletter is provided free to WATESOL members. Please click here to access the Members’ Area to access copies of our E-Newsletters and also our Digests and other Learning and Assessment Materials like the Mock EALD/ATAR WACE Exam materials.
Articles, reports, notices, advertisements, reviews or any other item for inclusion in the journal should be emailed or posted to email@example.com
Guidelines for Writing an article for the E-Newsletter
- Content need not be formal but can also be ‘chatty’ in style, and can be light and entertaining as well as informative.
- Contributions should be typed in 12pt Times New Roman, with no formatting.
- Contributor’s name and work location or field of interest should be provided.
- Sources to be cited wherever possible.
- Copyright regulations must be observed.
- The editor reserves the right to edit articles that are accepted for publication.
- A day in the life of an ESL teacher
- Review useful resources, e.g. books, programs, websites, games.
- Learning styles
- Customs/cross-cultural issues
- Language across the curriculum
- Report on a conference or seminar
- Using technology in the classroom
- “How to teach” pronunciation/reading/writing/spelling/etc.
- “A good lesson on teaching” grammar/ speaking/ listening/ etc.
- A personal perspective on teaching