Date(s) - 17/09/2015
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Highgate Primary School
Categories No Categories
This session is one of a suite of stand alone resources developed to support teachers to: ‘Focus age-appropriate instruction for students on phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension.’ Focus 2015. Students learn best when teachers adopt a skillfully integrated approach to explicit reading instruction that incorporates these five essential elements. This workshop explores the place of vocabulary instruction in the Western Australian Curriculum: English.
Participants consider how to:
• select words for explicit instruction
• the place of dictionaries
• what an effective teaching sequence looks like
Participants are shown how to:
• explicitly teach vocabulary in the classroom
• increase a word conscious approach across all learning areas
Please bring along a dictionary typically used in a classroom and a
bilingual dictionary if you have one.
Bookings are closed for this event.