Date(s) - 25/09/2013 - 27/09/2013
Darwin Convention Centre
Categories No Categories
ACSA 2013 Biennial Conference
Navigating the new Australian Curriculum
Proudly announcing the program, keynote speakers and workshop presenters.
Our fabulous keynotes include:
- Dr Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr Baumann AM, acclaimed educator and community leader,
- Brian Manning, instrumental in the formation of the Northern Territory Council for Aboriginal Rights,
- Ted Egan, singer, songwriter, filmmaker and author of Australian history and its unique people and way of life,
- Professor Peter Buckskin, Dean of Indigenous Scholarship, Engagement and Research, University of South Australia,
- Associate Professor John Bradley, Deputy Director, Monash Indigenous Centre, Monash University,
- Professor Kerry J Kennedy, Research Chair Professor of Curriculum Studies at the Hong Kong Institute of Education,
- Professor Eelco J Rowling, Ocean and Climate Change, 2012 Australian Laureate Fellow, ANU,
- Kathe Kirby, Executive Director of the Asia Education Foundation.
Plus over 45 informative workshops and presentations based around the Australian Curriculum, cross-curricula priorities.
For further details and abstracts see the following links:
Also, don’t miss out on:
- The unique opportunity to visit a Darwin school. Make the most of your visit, and experience one of 5 schools that have kindly offered to open their doors. There are limited places so secure your booking early to take advantage of this amazing pre-conference activity.
- The conference gala dinner! Join us for this unique dining experience at Pee Wee’s at the Point! You will enjoy sweeping views across Fannie Bay to the Darwin city skyline and elegant dining under tropical skies. Enjoy a ‘Taste of the Territory’ with innovative menus reflecting the produce, climate and multiculturalism of the Northern Territory.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you at this exciting conference!
For further information see ACSA